Who wants to waste their time waiting in line for some souvenirs? Trust us, it can take forever sometimes when you want something, especially if it’s a limited edition ?. This is why we wholeheartedly recommend learning the ropes of Disney mobile checkout; by utilizing this fast and efficient disney checkout method, you’ll be able to spend less time in-store lines and more time in ride lines ?.
This post is about learning to use Disney’s best mobile checkout!
So What is Mobile Checkout?
Mobile checkout is a feature that Disney incorporated into a select few shops. The feature allows you to go into an eligible Disney shop, pick out your merchandise and then purchase that merchandise using just your phone and the Disneyland app.
Basically, you scan the barcodes of the products, and they will all add up to your Disneyland app shop account. Then you pay with your card, and it’s done. After this is done, you will head to the Mobile checkout stand and confirm with them that you’ve paid, and they will see your order number and say you’re good to go.
When did Disneyland first introduce Mobile Checkout?
Disneyland first introduced the mobile checkout feature in 2020, which has been improved, and more shops have been added over time. The mobile checkout feature must be doing as well as it sounds if they’ve kept it going for several years now and keep adding shops to use it with.
Plus, if you’re a fan of that, you should really learn how to maximize Disney Mobile orders to ensure you get all your Favorite Disneyland Foods like pizza, burgers,s pasta. Plus, Delicious Disneyland Desserts that your heart desires, like dole whip, the grey stuff, churros, beignets, and more! ?.
Why should you use Mobile Checkout?
Using the mobile checkout feature is super easy and convenient. It cuts your wait times in half because we all know those Disney lines are no joke!
If you’re one of those in-and-out-for-what-you-need types of shoppers, then this feature is perfect for you.
Or if you don’t like being in small spaces with lots of people because those shops can really fill up and you will hardly have any space or time to move.
It also helps when you’re in a rush to get to your next place but really want to buy this item now before it sells out.
Travel Tip! If you are a person who has to maximize your vacation to the fullest, read our guide on why Disneyland park hopper is worth the splurge or is it?
What shops have Mobile Checkout at Disneyland Resort?
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- This shop is located in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and contains many Star Wars-related crystals, statues, jewelry, and Lightsabers. It is the true place for first-order fans and the rise of the resistance fans ?.
- This is one of the shops on Main Street just as you start getting into Disneyland, and it contains all kinds of Disney merch such as Mickey ears, cute Disney bags, Keychains, Shirts, toys, mugs, and more.
- Little Green Men Store Command
- This Disney shop located in Tomorrowland sells Buzz lightyear Merchandise, Toy Story Merchandise and other Pixar merchandise.
- The Star Trader
- This shop located in Tomorrowland sells a bunch of Star Wars and Star Tours merchandise and souvenirs.
- Disney Clothiers, Ltd.; China Closet and Plaza Point
- These shops are located on Main street just as you enter Disneyland Park. They sell Disney apparel, accessories, housewares, collectibles, and gifts.
- Pioneer Mercantile & Bonanza Outfitters
- These shops are located in Frontierland and sell Mickie ears, apparel, accessories, gifts, toys, and plushes.
What shops have Mobile Checkout at Disney California Adventure?
- Elias & Co.
- This shop is located just on Buena Vista Street as you enter the park. This shop contains all kinds of Disney merchandise, such as Mickey Ears, toys, keychains, pins, apparel, and more!
- Knick’s Knacks
- This shop is located in Pixar Pier and sells many Pixar merchandise like apparel, Toys, and accessories.
- Super Store Featuring Avengers Campus
- This shop is located in Hollywood Land and sells all kinds of Disney and Marvel-themed merchandise. The merchandise includes Mickie ears, apparel, pins, toys, and collectibles.
- Web Suppliers
- This shop is located in Avengers Campus and sells Marvel-themed apparel, pins, toys, and plushes.
If you end up buying something you don’t want, just make sure to try to do your return while still at the Disneyland parks for the easiest process. If not, we got you covered with our Disney returns overview and how to make returns for each of the Disney shops/parks/and online options!
What shops have Mobile Checkout in Downtown Disney District?
- Star Wars Trading Post
- This store is located in Downtown Disney District and sells all things Star Wars. They sell pins, keychains, lightsabers, plushes, droids, and other cool accessories. Since this shop is in Downtown Disney District, you don’t need a Disneyland Park Reservation to enter.
- World of Disney
- This shop is located in Downtown Disney District and also located in Disney Springs and sells everything Disney. The shop, its name suggests, literally contains the world of Disney and sells all kinds of unique souvenirs and merchandise such as mugs, toys, train sets, plushes, apparel, hats, housewares, and so much more! This shop is a nice place to visit since you don’t need a Disneyland Park Reservation to enter since it’s in Downtown Disney District.
How do you use Disney Merchandise Mobile Checkout?
The mobile checkout feature is super easy to use and faster than waiting in line. Basically, you scan the barcodes of the products, and they will all add up to your Disneyland app shop account. Then you pay with your card, and it’s done.
After this is done, you will head to the Mobile checkout stand and confirm with them that you’ve paid, and they will see your order number and say you’re good to go.
Step by Step how to use Disney merchandise Mobile Checkout option with photos
Remember to use the full functionality of the Mobile checkout; you will need to be close, if not inside of the store you are intending to purchase from.
If you don’t already have it, you will want to download the Disneyland App.
At the bottom of the screen, you will see five tabs that you can click on. You will want to click on the circle with the “+” sign inside of it.
This will now bring up a pop-up menu where you will want to click on the third option that says “Shop in Store”.
Now it will bring up a list of stores in the park that have Mobile Check out, and at the top will be the stores near you which should be the store you are currently in.
You’ll then click on that shop, and it will bring up your shopping bag, where you can now start scanning items and adding these items to your shopping bag.
Now is the time to grab your items and scan their barcodes. After you’ve finished, you will then hit checkout.
Now you will check out and add your payment information and confirm payment
After you have finished making your purchase, it will bring up a payment confirmation showing that the payment went through.
With this payment confirmation will be a QR code, confirmation ID, the number of items purchased, the order total, and the time and date these items were purchased. At the top of the confirmation screen, it will tell you to show this QR code to a cast member before you exit the store. The cast member will scan the QR code and tell you you’re good to go.
There you have it; it’s as easy as that! Simply head on into an eligible mobile checkout store, grab your merchandise, scan these items into your shopping bag, pay, talk to the cast member, and you’re good to go!
With all that done, you got to skip the line and unnecessary wait times because you just did it all yourself! Now you can spend more time riding rides, trying Delicious Disneyland Drinks, and taking those Cute Disney Photos!