Wondering what the best option is for you and your family is when it comes to navigating Disneyland and trying to sort out who can ride what? How about who is gonna have first duty for watching the kids while the rest ride the rides? Well with Disneyland Rider switch you won’t have to worry about having to take turns missing out on rides! instead The rider switch program allows everyone to have a turn!
We love that Disneyland implemented this popular program in its iconic California Disneyland resort; now, everyone can have a chance to ride the rides instead of missing out! However, it’s a little complicated, and you should consider some must-know deets before taking it out for a try!
So without further ado, let’s get started and learn the ins and outs of the Disneyland rider switch!
What is Disneyland Rider Switch?
So, what is Disneyland Rider switch? Well, to go straight to the point, the Disneyland rider swap program is a system that was created for families or groups who couldn’t all ride together due to having someone in the group who either couldn’t or didn’t want to ride.
Simply put, the popular program allows those groups and families to take turns together and be able to ride popular attractions without having to go back to the end of the line and start over.
Make sure you arrive as early as possible because while the Rider swap program is excellent, it still helps to get there bright and early. So make sure to know when Disneyland park opens the day you’ll visit.
How do you use the Disneyland rider switch?
You’ll gather your group at the front of the ride entrance of your chosen ride, then head on over to a cast member and let them know you would like to do the Rider switch program. At that point, the cast member you spoke to will then break up your party into two separate groups.
The first group will go and join the ride queue and wait like normal. While Group 2 will be given tickets that are scanned by the cast member and will go and wait on the sidelines until Group one is done riding.
At this point, when party one is done, then the members of part 2 will be able to join the ride queue but will have a designated rider switch entrance they are allowed to use. At this point, a cast member will scan party 2s admission tickets for the rider switch option and then let them know the direction of the particular return line for rider switch riders.
So To Recap Rider Switch Steps:
- Gather your party and head to the ride of your choice.
- Arrive at the designated ride and let the cast member know you would like to utilize the rider switch option.
- Cast members will split your group into two parties: Group 1 will go and get in line for the ride, while Group 2 will be handed tickets that the cast member then scans for the rider switch option, and then they will go and wait till group one rides.
- When Group one is done with their rides, the guest from group 3 are then allowed to return to the designated entrance and a second cast member will scan the media/tickets that were given earlier.
- The cast member will then direct group 2 to join a designated return line for boarding the ride.
- Group one will now wait with the non riding guest.
Usually, at most theme parks, one parent has to wait around with the kids outside of the ride and misses out on the fun of the ride unless they want to wait in that ghastly line by themselves. After watching your friends and family wait around in a 90-minute ride queue, why in the world would you want to do the same?
This is why the rider swap program in Disneyland is so fantastic! It makes riding all the popular Rides way easier!
Not sure what rides your kids can get on while at Disneyland? Then read our Disneyland Height Requirements Guide 😊
How does rider switch work in Disneyland?
Tip: Arrive for Disneyland Morning Rope Drop for the best chance at riding all the rides without extra purchases.
Rider Switch Disneyland operates in the same fashion as it does in other Disney Theme parks.
Notable Features of Rider Switch for Disneyland:
- Available for all attractions in Disneyland Park
- Available for all attractions for Disney California Adventure Park
Why is Disneyland Rider Switch Program Perfect for families?
Disneyland rider switch is the perfect program for families! I mean, hello, unless you want to continue wasting away on the sidelines while everyone else gets to enjoy the rides, then by all means, be our guest. However, if you want to also experience the latest attractions, umm hello Star Wars Ride! 👀 Then utilizing Rider switch and if you go a step further Using Lightning Lane will help you knock out way more rides than you thought was possible!
Benefits of Disneyland Rider Switch
The benefit of Disneyland Rider Switch is the ability to have your whole party that is capable of riding the chosen attraction be able to enjoy the ride! Without Disneyland Rider Switch, most families or groups would be stuck waiting outside the rides and then either forgoing the ride altogether or waiting in the long, probably hours-long queue.
Now that you’ll spend less time waiting in line, check out Disneyland’s Best Treats 👀.
Why should you use rider switch?
- You have young kids!
- You get the chance to have fun at Disneyland alongside your kids!
- It’s available for most popular attractions!
Don't forget to make the most out of your Disneyland Trip think of using their add ons or cool and useful systems like: - Disney's popular park hopping System: For the added ability of being able to switch between parks - Disneyland Mobile system checkout of purchases: For skipping lines at the park and being able to get souvenirs quickly - Disneyland Mobile Food & Drink Orders: To quickly be able to order your favorite snacks, food and drinks without having to wait in line. - Disneyland's New Fastpass System the Lightning Lane: This pay for service is known as genie plus and can prove vital in riding all the rides at Disneyland in one day!
What Rides Have Rider Switch at Disneyland?
- ALice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear AStro Blasters
- Casey JR. Circus Train
- Chip’n’ DAle’s Gadget Coaster
- Davy Crockets Explorer Canoes
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Monorail
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Finding Nemo Subamraine Voyage
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Its a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad tea Party
- the many advetnures of winnie
- Matterhorn Boblseds
- Mickey and Monnies Runaway railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers run
- Mr. Toads Wild ride
- Peter Pans Flight
- Pinocchios Daring Journey
- Pirates of the caribbean
- Rogers Rabbits CAr toon spin
- Snow Whites Enchanted Wish
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – the adventure Continues
- Star Wars: Rise of the REsistance
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
What Rides have Rider Switch at Disney California Adventure?
- Golden Zephyr
- goofys Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out EMotional Whirlwind
- Jessies Critter Carousel
- Jumpin Jellyfish
- The little mermaid – Ariels undersea Adventure
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamoboree
- Mickey’s Philhar Magic
- Monsters, Inc. Mike. & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-around – swinging and non swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Soarin’ Over California
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Web Slingers: A Spiderman Adventure
Disneyland Rider Swap FAQ
Use Genie Plus With Rider Switch, the fast lightning lane queue and then the ability for your second party to enjoy the ride after makes the ride time go by way faster!
Disney rider swap works by gathering your party together and going to a cast member on your chosen ride. Then the cast member splits your group, and the second group will wait till you are done riding and then be allowed on via a special line.
You could include the kids as part of group one and group two, but keep in mind one adult has to be in both groups.
Rider switch at Disneyland is a program developed for rides that allow parties to split up and take turns watching non riding guests. They then switch, and the second party is permitted to ride the rides via a designated queue line.
The fast pass lane is the designated lane that Rider switch parties use when it’s their turn for the ride.
Three people are allowed for the rider switch program, however, the kids can be in both groups and ride twice!
Yes! You can use Genie Plus and Rider Switch together when you elect a ride for lightning lane access. Just keep in mind you would want your whole party to have the same time slot for the lightning lane.
You have 1 hour to use rider switch pass; they usually give a ten-minute grace period, but try to get there before that time starts.