When traveling, the last thing you want to happen is to forget your passport, bag, and other essential belongings. The second last thing you don’t want to happen when embarking on a much-needed vacation is to start it off on the wrong foot by spilling 16 oz of freshly brewed black coffee on that snazzy new airport outfit you picked out just last week. Sound familiar? We thought so; we also have been on the receiving end of hazardous piping hot liquids while rushing to catch a flight. Or maybe you’re looking for a reliable travel mug that won’t fall out of your hands when crossing the street on your way to work, taking the subway, or driving through a pothole after reaching your next hiking destination. Also, unfortunately, been there! We can’t stress enough how important it is to have a reliable travel mug that doesn’t spill or at least states it’s not leakproof, leave us with lukewarm coffee by noon, or have a flimsy lid that decides the day it falls off is the day you’re presenting a critical presentation. So, we decided to make this comprehensive list of the best travel coffee mugs with handles. We prefer handled travel mugs because you have something to hold onto while walking when you have a handle, unlike non-handled versions. We also checked out different lid types and thermal technology to ensure you’re not drinking room-temperature coffee or cold tea.
This post is all about travel coffee mugs with handles that we thought you would love!
Travel Coffee Mugs With Handles
Disclaimer: All recommendations are based on our opinion of what makes a great travel cup and are not facts; we are not professionals, nor are we experts in this field. These are simply what we think are cool travel mugs and some of what we own and enjoy. These recommendations may or may not work for you, so keep that in mind because everyone has their own wishlist and requirements for what is perfect for them. All product information was either gathered from our knowledge of the product or their respective links.
What We Like When We Travel for Our Coffee and Tea
1. Yeti Rambler Large: This Travel Mug was Made for Roadtrips
Why we like it: Yeti makes reliable products; if you haven’t heard of their brand, the new suggests you go check them out because they make some of the best thermal insulated drinkware. We like this specific model because the handle isn’t too bulky like other ones we have seen. It’s also a full handle, so you can clip it to your bag when you’re not using it to free up space! Yeti also don’t discriminate. They made the cup so it would be usable for both lefties and righties, which is what we like to see!
- 30 oz holder
- Colors: Alpine, seafoam, navy, black and more
- Double vacuumed sealed to keep drinks cold or hot
- Stainless steel 18/8
- BPA free
- weight: 1 Ib and 5.4 oz
- sipping style lid
- meant for lefties or righties
- Twist-on and twist-off lid styles can be adjusted whether you’re a rightie or a leftie.
- 2 magnets in the cup are used to help prevent leaks from happening.
- the handle is high enough so you can fit in most cup holders! Yay road trips!
- Both the mug and its lid are dishwashers safe which is a thing we don’t typically see in double-wall insulated cups.
- Duracoat technology means this cup should resist peeling and cracking in regards to the color. who else hates peeling? Same
- 18/8 stainless steel is built to resist dents and accidental drops.
- condensation is reduced via the no sweat design in this cup, good we hate when we leave drink marks hehe.
- Only available in a few colors
- a little bulky
- reminds us of a camping cup, which isn’t horrible but could be prettier.
- Not meant to be used with a straw
Click Here To Get: https://www.rei.com/product/208339/yeti-rambler-vacuum-travel-mug-with-stronghold-lid-30-fl-oz?CAWELAID=120217890013304507&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=103484262169&CATCI=aud-1396942686395:pla-293946777986&cm_mmc=PLA_Google%7C21700000001700551_2083390006%7C92700053504616648%7CTOF%7C71700000062146804&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1tGUBhDXARIsAIJx01m8Wwfj4Z3DRW3DNrvHr6omC5EyHsgb9JwbUWb3Q8m67PORZ_eYnDAaApHPEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
2. Yeti Rambler Small: Great for on the go Travel
Why we like it: This Yeti Mini Tumbler is basically like a mini version of the YETI rambler we mentioned above but it comes in a huge variety of colors and is better for travel use since it is a 14 oz capacity, it also features a push-on lid which isn’t our favorite version but we can live with it.
- 14 oz capacity:
- double wall vacuumed insulation to keep drinks ice cold or hot drinks hot.
- dishwasher safe, yasss
- 18/1 stainless steel make which means it will last longer and is puncture resistant and rust-resistant.
- resistant sweat technology so you don’t have to worry about condensation o the outside of the cup as much
- Duracoat makes sure the color is resistant to cracking and peeling
- We love the Duracoat technology because we hate when our cups look ragged after a week of use like most cheap metal cups end up looking like.
- Features a full handle so you can clip it to your bag when not using it.
- Lightweight cup so you won’t feel like we are lugging a brick
- Double insulated so your drink will stay cold or hot for a reasonable amount of time when out and about.
- Available in multiple colors, we know this isn’t important but if you care about having your favorite colors s a cup then chances are they have it!
- Small and portable size, fits just the perfect amount of coffee or tea.
- the lid is a push-on lid which means it’s not leakproof but we at least know that unless some brand says they are leakproof and actually arent, makes us more aware of it.
- It can’t fit in car cup holders since it’s so small and because of the handle, it won’t fit properly. so this cup is great for on the go walking around drinking.
- Too big for a keruegg
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RLK57P8?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_MYPMZ5EAM5N8KNTR17T7
3. Hydroflask Flask Coffee Mug: Insulated Travel Coffee Mug that is Perfect for Work or School
Why We Like It:
Hydroflask has and always will be a staple in travelers, workers’, campers’, and students’ lives. Why? Because they make an aesthetically pleasing high quality product that hits the hammer on the nail for its mission, which is to create reliable drinkware that stands the test of time and an ever-changing environment. We can’t tell you how many times we filled our thermos up at 8 am and went to get a drink around noon only to bite back the pain of the pipping hot beverage that should have cooled down already. But that’s what makes this product so good!
- 6 oz capacity
- Available in various colors such as black, navy, rain a light blue, snapper red, and stone a greyish color.
- Full handle so you can clip it into your bag
- Sealable lid that can help curb accident splashes onto your clothes, and as well helps maintain the temp of the drinks.
- Bpa Free
- Strong 18/8 Stainless steel construction, this is important so you avoid transferring coffee flavors to your water, yuk!
- Hydroflask covers its products with a lifetime warranty
- We love the double insulation that maintains the heat and coldness of drinks, Maybe a little good at that actually
- Soft seal over the cup that makes the cup feel smooth.
- Can fit straws!
- A high-quality product backed by a great warranty
- Perfect petit size for day to day use
- Can switch lid with the press in straw lid version
- Not leakproof
- The handle might be too small for big hands to hold comfortably
- Probably not great if you’re wanting a huge capacity. However, Hydroflask offers bigger sizes in 12 oz and 24 oz.
Click Here To Get: https://www.rei.com/product/197563/hydro-flask-coffee-mug-6-fl-oz?CAWELAID=120217890012678689&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=103484262169&CATCI=aud-1396942686395:pla-293946777986&cm_mmc=PLA_Google%7C21700000001700551_1975630004%7C92700053504616648%7CTOF%7C71700000062146804&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1tGUBhDXARIsAIJx01lRNulGbK-zuf9766aPzc4Hs1UblHnpZy30SSBE5DiNcPqxlpCMLxUaAotQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
4. Brumate XL 32 oz Insulated Coffee Mug: Fantastic for Long Work Days or Day Trips
Why We Like It:
Brumate is a newer company but makes the best travel mug in our opinion because its high-quality build ensures drinks stay hot or cold and have a leakproof top. While also maintaining an aesthetic appeal, and taking into consideration little details such as a non slid bottom, a big enough lid for a straw, and other thoughtful touches.
- 32 oz capacity and we also linked the smaller 16 oz version.
- leakproof cover so you don’t spill your tea on your morning commute
- triple insulated to preserve temp of cold and hot drinks
- high-quality stainless steel build, to ensure it last and to ensure no nasty metallic taste ever pops up
- universal use for lefties or righties
- Lifetime warranty
- A twisted lid and a magnetic closure help ensure leak protection, you can even flip it upside down to check the spill-proof capabilities as the Brumate brand claims.
- Cup holder friendly
- The base of the cup is meant to prevent accidental slips
- cold 24 hours on average
- hot for 6 hours on average
- The lid can fit a straw, but keep in mind it’s being open allows for spills
- Triple insulated technology ensures your drinks are icy cold or your coffee hot
- Different color variations or patterns are available
- Brumate offers amazing customer service
- Brumate states they invented the world’s first fully leakproof lid!
- They are promoting sustainability by working to ensure their lids are made of 50% recycled material.
- As well as promoting sustainability packs such as the conservation alliance.
- Hand wash only
Click Here To Get the 32 oz: https://brumate.com/products/toddy-xl-32oz-denim?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1tGUBhDXARIsAIJx01lIUOgh0SeGr3EWosqEFr1bNytyPSgOlABoO3pZq57dCdK8jBMPtcUaApYlEALw_wcB
Click here to get the smaller 16 oz version: https://brumate.com/products/toddy-16oz-dark-aura
5. Contigo Handled Autoseal Vacuum-Insulated, One of Our Favorite Travel Coffee Mugs With Handles
Why We Like It:
Contigo is a classic highly available brand of Thermus cups that can be bought online and in stores such as marshal, target, Walmart, and more. What we like about this brand is their comfortable handle, while it’s not a full handle that we normally prefer, it’s a comfortable nonslip handle that we don’t mind carrying around all day by hand. It also features Thermalock vacuum insulation to ensure hot drinks for up to 5 hours and cold drinks for up to 15 hours.
- The capacity is 16 oz
- stainless steel metal
- lid auto seals so you don’t forget to close it and then spill it
- Vacuum seal for thermal retention, so that iced coffee stays iced and not watery
- available in various colors such as gunmetal and evergreen and you can also choose the no handle option for more colors.
- Lock for drinking lid on the handle
- High-quality build
- high availability at various stores
- The lock built into the handle ensures you can lock the lid and prevent an accident from opening
- buttons on side of the lid for quick drinking and closing
- Stainless steel mug that is built for strength
- Comfortable thick handle for holding for long periods, and your daily commute
- Not dishwasher safe
- You have to make sure you clean the lid properly as stated in the instructions otherwise it can grow some nasties
- Doesn’t fit underneath a Keurig
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X5BN8L?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_5MAS2ZVSN75WE3GGBH4W
6. Sunwill 14 oz Travel Mug:
Why We Like It:
We love that Sunwell offers affordable travel tumblers because not everyone wants to pend. fortune on something that holds their morning tea. Sunwell also does not cheap out on quality with stainless steel 18/8 material and vacuum insulated cups and is highly rated on Amazon.
- BPA Free
- sliding lid
- Insulated to maintain hot drinks for up to 3 hours and cold drinks for up to 9 hours, so your morning coffee stays nice and warm
- powder coated to maintain the finish
- Full-size handle
- Available in a ton of colors
- The portable size is the perfect size for a Keurig
- Stainless steel food-grade material
- Price friendly
- Full handle so it can be clipped to a bag
- Vacuum insulated for decent thermal temp control for hot drinks and cold drinks
- Not leakproof due to the sliding lid
- Handwash only
- The lid can break over time, this is a fairly cheap option though so we expect it not to be as durable as Yeti or Hydro flask
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZGMV9G9?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_BRMDD3RZ8MSTK0Q23NRF
7. Simple Modern: Price Friendly Travel Mug with Handle
Why We Like It:
We love the simplistic design of this travel thermos, it’s also available in a variety of colors so we can choose our favorite color and be on our way while looking cute. Simple modern also maintains the quality of a good travel cup while also keeping the price low. Not everyone can or wants to spend a fortune on something that is literaly only meant for one purpose. So we appreciate the price thoughtfulness.
- 12 oz capacity and travel-friendly 18 oz size as well
- 18/8 Stainless steel cup
- Available in a ton of color choices
- Insulated lid
- Double-walled insulation and Vacuum insulation for temperature retention
- food grade metal
- limited lifetime warranty
- Flip lid
- BPA Free
- Cold drinks for up to 24 hours and hot drinks for up to 8 hours
- Price friendly
- Keep drinks at the perfect temperature with quality insulation
- The bigger size fits perfectly in most cup holders (not universal for all though since some cars have different size holders).
- Good size handled mug for travel, we prefer the 12 oz size since that is usually what we drink in the morning.
- Doesn’t have a nonslip bottom like other mugs
- The lid is hard to remove sometimes
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXVCKJK/ref=twister_B09RVSRYWC?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
8. Hydrapeak Roadster: Out of the Best Travel Coffee Mugs with Handles, this one is the Largest.
Why We Like It:
The Largest of the travel mugs we are recommending is this big thermos. It has a built-in straw which we love! None of the mugs we have recommended so far have included this nifty feature and we are pretty surprised it’s not prioritized as a feature more. The Hydrapeak also has insane temperature control and can maintain cold drinks for up to 34 hours and hot drinks for up to 10 hours.
- 40 oz capacity
- Drinks stay cold for up to 34 hours
- Hot drinks stay hot for up to 10 hours.
- Double-wall vacuum insulated
- 18/8 stainless steel build that is food grade
- BPA free
- Leakproof and sweatproof
- Limited lifetime guarantee
- It can fit in most cup holders
- Extremely long temperature control
- comfortable extra grip handle
- built-in straw
- Price friendly
- The straw is only for cold drinks; bummed about this
- Bulky design
- The straw part can eventually break over time
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09W4NVSQZ?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_C986W28RVA6818RGXHZV
9. S’well Travel Mugs: The Cute and Reliable Travel Cup
Why we like it:
We are all for aesthetically pleasing and high-quality travel mugs; S’well nails that for us. They boast triple layered vacuum insulated construction to maintain hot or cold beverages at their respective temps. Also, having a high-quality stainless steel travel mug with a handle is hard to find, so we appreciate the variety.
- Splash-proof lid
- 12 oz or 16 oz capacity
- Beautiful colors and designs, unlike the travel mugs we have mentioned.
- BPA and BPS free
- top-rack dishwasher safe
- Condensation-free exterior
- triple-layer vacuum insulated build: Includes a copper layer
- Cold beverages up to 24 hours
- Hot beverages for up to 12 hours show excellent heat retention
- Stainless steel 18/8 food-grade
- Compatible with other lid types
- One year limited warranty
- Beautiful range of colors and designs
- Long temperature control of beverages
- Unique design
- Full handle so you can clip it to your bag
- Great thermal retention
- Dishwasher safe
- We wish they made the bottom slip resistant
Click Here To Get: https://www.swell.com/products/swell/tumblers/pink-topaz-mug/?attribute_pa_size=16oz&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_smart_shopping-17051533098&utm_content=136928361358&utm_term=pla-294930372950&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-daUBhCIARIsALbkjSZEOk2Qarl8a-QvPkdNf6kalZ4f1EqIkkTcZOwyLtn9OAuD88iCY8YaApoDEALw_wcB
Travel Coffee Mugs With Handles
That wraps up all the perfect travel mugs that we think are the best; whether you are a student, traveler, or worker, these travel mugs will make sure you have one less thing to worry about lukewarm and watery iced coffee. If you enjoyed this post, make sure to comment below your favorite one, and if you can, we would love it if you could share this post ?.
Also, if you’re planning a trip, read some of our other posts for travel essentials and tips!
6 thoughts on “The 9 Best Travel Coffee Mugs With Handles: The Ultimate Guide From A Coffeeholic Traveler”
These are great options. I’ve used a collapsible travel mug with limited success. I’ll try one of your suggestions next!
Not only am I addicted to coffee, but I’m also addicted to travel coffee cups. For me, I love the Yeti Rambler. I like the size (not too big and not too small), but I especially love that you can get it in so many different colours.
Yeti Rambler is the only way to go in my opinion. Although I must admit I haven’t tried the Hydrapeak. It sounds pretty good too. I appreciate that you included the link to easily locate it.
I’m looking for a new travel mug. I keep ignoring the hand wash only signs and throwing them in the dishwasher! I shall check out that S’Well one.
I am an absolute lifelong fan of the Yeti insulated coffee mugs! They keep my coffee hot for HOURS and cold drinks cold for hours as well! They are such a great investment! I totally agree though- they aren’t super pretty, but a fun vinyl decal fixes that problem. 😉 Great post!
Comments are closed.