Everyone does it; your toothbrush is usually forgotten or replaced with a cheap travel disposable toothbrush (Yikes, next time, get something like the best eco-friendly toothbrush we recommend in this post!). It’s pretty easy to forget your toothbrush when traveling, but your teeth deserve better, so make sure you remember to bring it and even invest in a travel toothbrush for safe measures.
That also means you shouldn’t cheap out on dental hygiene (for example, we love investing in the best travel electric toothbrush for the best clean while abroad). That means the whole shebang, such as high-quality toothbrushes, mouthwash, and floss.
Invest in a fantastic dental travel kit, and you’ll be set for anywhere the road or sky takes you! We have already researched the best travel toothbrush to fit your needs and make things easier! *Drumroll* So take a sip of that la Croix, and let’s slide like floss (Crickets).
Best Travel Toothbrushes
Best Portable Travel Toothbrush
Cheapest Travel Toothbrush
- Colgate travel toothbrush in a foldable compact size with cover – soft
- Two levels of bristles, so you’re hitting multiple spots of the tooth
- It has a comfortable handle with a place to place your thumb, so you have complete control over how hard you’re brushing your teeth. (My dentist told me that longer, softer repetitive circular motions were better than fast hard strokes.)
- It folds! You can stick this toothbrush anywhere, not that toothbrushes are giant anyways, but hey, everything helps. Especially if you backpack, you need all the space you can get, which is why we love anything that condenses down! How else are you supposed to master packing your suitcase like a pro? Exactly!
- We have always used soft bristles when we found out that medium and stiff bristles can cause gum recession and tooth enamel wear down because they are so abrasive. Of course, speak to your dentist, but that is just what we like.
- A cover covers the actual bristles when it folds, so you need to worry about bringing along another toothbrush cap.
- The price is perfect for budget travel
- The softness of the bristles could be softer.
- Make sure you clean the foldable part inside because, like anything else, it can get dirty or worse, get mold if you leave it filthy and in humid environments.
- It is a cheaper toothbrush, so naturally, it can fall victim to breaking, especially the folding part.
- The folding part can be hard to open; sometime,s we can’t open it with one hand.
- Depending on where you order, they send random colors…
Our Verdict: We have tried this toothbrush, and it has worked great for our short trips; we don’t know if we would take this abroad only because we are worried that the folding part might break if we were too rough or if it got squished in our travel bag. However, it’s our go-to folding Brush for day trips and road trips!
Click here to get: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1918245404078876207?q=best+compact+toothbrush&biw=1437&bih=742&sxsrf=ALiCzsZKoxNwSLutKUFEsC-D2X6P-2eW4A:1652943370382&uact=5&oq=best+compact+toothbrush&gs_lcp=Cgtwcm9kdWN0cy1jYxADMgQIABAYMggIABAeEBYQGDIICAAQHhAWEBgyCAgAEB4QFhAYMgoIABAeEA8QFhAYMggIABAeEBYQGDIICAAQHhAWEBgyCAgAEB4QFhAYOgcIIxCwAxAnOgsIrgEQygMQsAMQJzoECAAQDToGCAAQDRAYOgYIABAeEAc6CAgAEB4QDRAFOggIABAeEA0QGDoKCAAQHhANEAUQGDoKCAAQHhAIEA0QGDoFCAAQgAQ6BggAEB4QGDoICAAQHhAIEBg6CAgAEB4QCBANOgQIIRAKSgQIQRgBUI8LWPssYLEvaAFwAHgAgAFTiAH4BpIBAjEzmAEAoAEByAEHwAEB&sclient=products-cc&prds=eto:11452190923056817770_0,local:1,prmr:2,rsk:PC_12089835497932275840&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9kbCNgev3AhVjGzQIHWK8AdcQ8wII7ww
2. Lingito Travel ToothBrush Foldable:
- Available in different hardness: soft or medium
- Available with active charcoal and soft bristles
- Sold in packs of 2
- Price friendly
- Fold in the handle that covers bristles, so they aren’t exposed to nasty outside germs in your bag.
- Good grip o the handle, which means you’ll have better control over controlling the toothbrush
- Clinically recommended
- The toothbrush head is narrow enough that it should be able to reach tough hard-to-reach spots.
- Bpa Free plastic
- Meant to last months (however, make sure you follow the general guidelines of your dentist)
- About 7 inches long, but when you fold the toothbrush, it folds down to a small size of 4 inches, roughly
- Not a replaceable brush head
- Some buyers say the bristles are too soft, and the folding part is too flexible.
- Just like other foldable brushes, make sure you clean the folding part and what covers the bristles when folded.
Our Verdict: This Toothbrush is great for staying under budget, needing something that is incredibly lightweight and compact. Plus, we like that you get two brushes for the price they offer.
Click here to get: https://www.amazon.com/Toothbrush-Folding-Feature-bristle-Blue-Green/dp/B071G8ZR5N/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1VM0IYIU4CPEC&keywords=foldable%2Btoothbrush&qid=1652937355&s=beauty&sprefix=foldable%2Btoothbrush%2Cbeauty%2C153&sr=1-5&th=1
3. Smile Direct club travel toothbrush with a replacement head
- The replaceable toothbrush heads are great since dentists recommend changing out toothbrushes every couple of months. So now you’ll only need to get replacement heads.
- The compact folding design allows the toothbrush to be more portable and tuck and protect the bristles from outside germs.
- Antimicrobial liner! That’s the first foldable toothbrush we found that addresses the common issues of nasty stuff growing on the toothbrush.
- The folding design protects the bristles but is aerated so the bristles can dry correctly and not develop mold.
- Soft bristles, so it’s great for those with sensitive gums
- Lol, okay, maybe it’s just us, but this toothbrush is shaped so it won’t tip over and have the bristles touching the counter. This drives us crazy with other toothbrushes, so we are glad they knew to fix this problem.
- The soft and ergonomic handle allows easy and comfortable holding of the toothbrush while using.
- We could not find any cons besides it being a little costlier than other travel toothbrushes.
- We could only find it to buy directly with smile direct club or Amazon.
Our Verdict: We are so impressed with this best toothbrush for travel that we will buy it for our upcoming trip to Spain!
Click Here To Get: https://shop.smiledirectclub.com/products/travel-toothbrush?variant=39624703082693¤cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=16389127193&gclid=Cj0KCQjwspKUBhCvARIsAB2IYuujtuQ4iCiTQGqOXNuTHqlvwPDHZR0t3QXybINs1lAiaKtmowonBZYaApK8EALw_wcB
Click Here to Get: https://www.amazon.com/Smile-Direct-Club-Toothbrush-Replacement/dp/B094DS6JBT/ref=asc_df_B094DS6JBT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=564681739890&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7325349966323254226&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033293&hvtargid=pla-1634695051174&th=1
Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
Cheapest: Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
4. KingsHeroes Sonic Electric Toothbrush with 8 brush heads and travel case
- This sonic toothbrush has four different modes for cleaning your teeth: Clean, soft, whiten, and super.
- It comes in 3 different colors: pink, white, and black
- 1-year warranty
- 42000 magnetic levitation moto with high vibrations to help remove plaque and other nasty stuff from your teeth.
- Includes eight travel brush heads, which means this toothbrush should last you like two years if you follow the general rule of 3 months replacement intervals.
- Includes a travel case
- This toothbrush is charged via a cord and is fast charging. A 2-hour charge should give you roughly 56 days of use. That’s perfect for long trips, and if you need to charge it in between, it can be charged via USB.
- 2-minute timer
- 30-second reminder
- It can be a little loud, considering it is an electric toothbrush.
- Some say the vibrations are not strong enough to deep clean
- It’s a budget electric toothbrush, so there might be problems with quality over the longterm
Our Verdict: We think for the price, this electric toothbrush is excellent for either starting for the first time or needing something that is portable and charges quickly. However, it’s hard to compare to our Sonicare or Oral-B, but it’s also highly unfair to compare them when the price points are drastically different. If you’re looking for a price-friendly option from a more known brand, you can try our next suggestion.
Honestly, it might seem like overkill to bring an electronic toothbrush for a short trip, but your teeth will thank you after a day of snacking on sweet treats at Disneyland ?.
Click here to get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L7KF5YY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_rd_i=B08L78KPWJ&pd_rd_w=kxq7H&pf_rd_p=33c4e3fc-b90b-44ce-8b60-9caf530f918e&pd_rd_wg=cQW9b&pf_rd_r=14WAWKZ2JPB8BDWAQJSC&pd_rd_r=992a4a38-8acc-4ffd-b7e6-fb9ee726b6ef&s=beauty&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1JSWU03OFRPVENNJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjMyMjcxMk9HTVFCQ1pUTjI2NSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDAxMDY3MVFZUzVLMU0zVDlRQiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1
5. Phillips One by Sonicare:
- It comes in 4 colors: mango, midnight, mint, and coral! Talk about Beach Vibes!
- They are powered via battery, so you don’t have to worry about losing your toothbrush charger because all these needs are batteries!
- Sleek and compact electric toothbrushes are nicer because we feel like many electric toothbrushes are bulky.
- This Travel Toothbrush should last you about three months with new batteries.
- micro-vibrations with sonic technology mean you’ll have a brighter and happier smile
- two-minute timer and quad pacer to remind you to change positions while brushing.
- nylon bristles
- Travel case included
- Two years limited warranty
- The case is water-resistant
- We wish they had soft bristels as an option; this toothbrush only has medium bristles as an option.
- The vibrations are pretty weak when compared to the higher models.
Our Verdict: Choose this toothbrush if you want a name brand and something you can get nearby at Target. However, it has micro-vibrations, which can only help so much with brushing teeth, but we think it should do a pretty good job at scrubbing away those coffee stains ?. We prefer the KingsHereo Toothbrush mentioned above.
Click Here To Get: https://www.target.com/p/philips-one-by-sonicare-battery-toothbrush-midnight-hy1100-04/-/A-79859392?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tmnv&DFA=71700000092103138&CPNG=PLA_DVM%2Ba064R0000136033QAA-Philips_Sonicare_Google+Search_February_2022-620746&adgroup=PLA_Philips_Sonicare&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9033293&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQJ12bWTL_DLNwZcKO7FcJBgmt2m0slvpzFIPIT4NMln-_wC4RlU8qkaAuMyEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Middle Price Range: Best Electric Travel Toothbrush
*Sometimes goes on sale*
6. Hum By Colgate Smart Battery-Powered Toothbrush with Sonic Vibrations
- Available in three cute colors: green, blue, and purple
- Battery-powered, so you don’t have t worry about lugging around another charger; plop in the batteries.
- Two modes: sensitive and normal
- 20,000 sonic vibrations per minute
- You can use an app that helps keep track of brushing behaviors via Bluetooth. Weird but super cool!
- Ergonomic handle for comfortable handling
- Replaceable brush heads
- Soft bristle brush head so you can brush with peace of mind
- warranty unknown
- little spendy
- The app is only available in the USA.
Our Verdict: We love the app; it offers incredibly detailed and informative information about how to brush your teeth and reminds you to hit other spots. Plus, you earn rewards by being consistent and getting better ?
Click Here To Get: https://www.target.com/p/hum-by-colgate-smart-battery-sonic-toothbrush-kit-with-travel-case-green/-/A-79700063?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df_free_online&CPNG=Beauty&adgroup=49-11
Click Here to Get: https://www.amazon.com/hum-Colgate-Battery-Toothbrush-Travel/dp/B0981D2WM1/ref=sr_1_6?gclid=Cj0KCQjwm6KUBhC3ARIsACIwxBhbCqsjFGZIF31JV2wK0c8dAdwEq9JVzSRe5vHfGTO889nv3rxcQWwaAh9vEALw_wcB&hvadid=459694080887&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9033293&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16869439617692976991&hvtargid=kwd-917140006768&hydadcr=4989_9618326&keywords=hum%2Btoothbrush&qid=1653157917&sr=8-6&th=1
Spendier: Best Travel Electric Toothbrush
7. Burst Sonic Toothbrush
- First off, OMG, If toothbrushes were rated on aesthetics, this travel toothbrush won! It comes in 4 colors: Rose Gold ?, Lavender ?, black, and white.
- 33,000 sonic vibrations per minute, so you’re getting a deep clean
- charcoal tipped bristles which help with cleaning and removing plaque
- 10X more plaque removal and reduces gum bleeding by 3x when compared to manual brushing
- Burst sometimes has promos running for discounts on multiple products
- lifetime warranty, they believe in their development, so that should say something
- clinically backed
- soft bristles
- One overnight charge= about a month of usage wowwwwww
- Three modes for cleaning: whitening, sensitive, and massage
- Includes travel case
- If you subscribed to Burst and remained subscribed, they will replace your Brush if it craps out. (Check the Site for more information)
- Burst has to match the toothbrush: refillable floss holders ? if you love to match stuff like us: https://www.burstoralcare.com/product/floss/black
- It does not have a swivel head so that it won’t reach deep, tight areas
- Required subscription for replacement heads when you start; it’s not expensive but still ? (You can cancel at any time, apparently).
Our Verdict: We will give this toothbrush a try; we love our current electric toothbrushes, but you’ll never know if you like something better if you don’t try it. We like the aesthetic look, the three modes of cleaning, and the soft bristles. We don’t like the subscription for replacement heads but well, see.
Click here to get: https://www.burstoralcare.com/product/toothbrush/rosegold#reviews
Best Eco-Friendly Toothbrush
Super Budget: Best Eco-friendly Toothbrush
8. Vivago Biodegradable Eco-Friendly Toothbrushes 10 pack
- Made from Bamboo which is completely compostable.
- Packaging can be recycled 100%
- !0 Toothbrushes included in the price! That’s such a good deal!
- Soft bristles that are BPA free
- Low Shed if any since they were made to retain their bristles
- The bristles are not compostable, so you’ll have to take them out with pliers before composting the toothbrush handle
Our Verdict: We love the great deal that you get with 10 toothbrushes included in the pricing, nevertheless we do think it’s pretty tedious to have to manually remove the bristles with pliers after we are done using them. If we are traveling abroad we would just keep the toothbrush until we got back home and then break it down.
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/VIVAGO-Biodegradable-Eco-Friendly-Toothbrushes-Compostable/dp/B08172V3Y5/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1VRLNTSGL929Y&keywords=bamboo+travel+disposable+toothbrush&qid=1652936405&s=beauty&sprefix=bamboo+travel+disposable+toothbrush%2Cbeauty%2C135&sr=1-6
Budget: Best Eco-friendly Toothbrush
9. Greenzla Toothbrush Charcoal 4 pack
- Four toothbrushes included in the pack
- Bamboo handles and bamboo charcoal fiber bristles that are completely biodegradable
- includes charcoal mint-infused floss!
- bamboo toothbrush case for traveling with holes for ventilation
- sourced from sustainable materials
- soft bristles for sensitive teeth and gums
- packaging is recycled and biodegradable
- Due to how natural it is, if not appropriately dried or ventilated, they can grow mold. Always check the toothbrush, holder, and case.
- We go through natural products more quickly, so they won’t last as long, at least in our experience.
Our Verdict: Honestly, the only issue with eco-friendly products is their ability to get grimy or grow mold if not properly cared for. We know that, though, we are extra attentive to our eco-friendly products. Also, we like the price point and the whole package of the travel case, extra toothbrushes, and floss that comes with the toothbrushes.
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/Greenzla-Toothbrush-Charcoal-Toothbrushes-Biodegradable/dp/B07TCPQ7ZN/ref=sr_1_15?crid=JFVX5RFOJSKB&keywords=bamboo+travel+disposable+toothbrush&qid=1652936447&s=beauty&sprefix=bamboo+travel+disposable+toothbrush%2Cbeauty%2C106&sr=1-15
Budget: Best Eco-friendly Toothbrush
10. Bite Brush, by Bite 2 pack
- Moso Bamboo toothbrush
- Soft bristles made with castor bean oil
- The toothbrush head can be removed from the body for easier portability. A unique take on compact toothbrushes, and we like it.
- Reduced packaging: zero plastic packaging, and it’s mailed in a kraft box
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Bite also makes different Eco-Friendly oral care products such as toothpaste bits, mouthwash bits, whitening gel, and floss well; link them here: https://bitetoothpastebits.com/collections/oral-care
- It’s a little spendy for two brushes, but they have a subscription program to reduce cost.
- Not easily accessible, we recommend getting on the Bite website
Our Verdict: We Love the variety of products this brand offers; we are always trying t see how we can reduce even just a little bit of our eco-footprint. The toothbrush is also traveling friendly because you can take it apart, and it’s fully compostable, which, if we need to, at least we won’t feel bad about tossing it.
Spendier: Best Eco-Friendly Toothbrush
11. Saint Oral Care Soft Bristled Toothbrush
- 100% pure plant-based and food-grade material make up the toothbrush handle. Specifically, corn starch.
- Microfine soft bristles vary in length from medium to long to reach hall parts of the teeth surface and fine bristle to ensure the teeth are not scrubbed too abrasively.
- Bpa Free, PFAS free, and BPS free
- ERgondynamic handle to ensure you’re comfortable when brushing
- Tapered near the head of the Brush so you can reach hard-to-reach areas.
- Spendy for one toothbrush
- Hard to get; I can only get it directly from the Saint site
Our Verdict: We Like the simplistic design and thought put into the bristles, so they reach different parts of the tooth. However, it’s a little pricy for one toothbrush, in our opinion. It’s also harder to get a hold of since you can only get from them directly.
Click Here To Get: https://saintoralcare.com/products/gentle-toothbrush-white?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwspKUBhCvARIsAB2IYusi9Ty4PwFPUtsqd4d1t-B3njqt-XXLTeDcgZT1cYVe47LarWY3qmcaArNtEALw_wcB
Best Disposable Toothbrush
Cheaper: Disposable Toothbrush
12. Colgate Max Fresh Wisp Disposable Mini Toothbrush
- Small compact size
- 24 pack
- Pre-pasted toothbrush, no water, and no rinsing necessary
- Contains freshening bead
- Soft pick end, soft bristles
- No tongue scraper
- Not vegan
Our Verdict: These toothbrushes are compact, lightweight, and super convenient for on-the-go use or travel use. They’re recyclable, have a compact design, and are pretty cheap,, so it’s a win-win.
Click Here To Get: https://www.target.com/p/colgate-max-fresh-wisp-disposable-mini-toothbrush-peppermint-24ct/-/A-14886128?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tmnv&DFA=71700000085055397&CPNG=PLA_DVM%2Ba064R000011tzXVQAY-Colgate_OC_Google_2021_Campaign&adgroup=PLA_Colgate_OC&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9033293&gclid=Cj0KCQjwspKUBhCvARIsAB2IYuushvwTTpI8ZTsORbl3KnechkrAz6LygxhWoTKwl3VIKbH6PmLrfl0aArp1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Spendier: Disposable toothbrush
13: Crest Scope mini disposable toothbrushes
- Pre-pasted, no water necessary
- Soft pick end, Toothbrush scraper, soft bristles
- It comes in 6 packs of 2 (12 total)
- Small compact size
- It contains a freshening bead
- Not vegan
Our Verdict: Our Verdict: These highly rated disposable toothbrushes are highly rated both on Amazon and by us personally. These came in handy for travel and when having Invisalign and constantly brushing; this was a quick, easy way to keep my teeth clean while not taking up too much space in my bag. These toothbrushes may be small, but they don’t let any features go with the soft pick end, the soft bristles, and the tongue scraper. Though these disposables are a little more pricey than the other similar option we listed above.
Click Here To Get: https://www.amazon.com/Crest-Brushes-Disposable-Toothbrushes-Toothpaste-12count/dp/B0131KA7G2/ref=sr_1_6?crid=8WUAGO537Z28&keywords=disposable+travel+toothbrush&qid=1652936043&s=beauty&sprefix=disToothbrushave%2Cbeauty%2C239&sr=1-6
Travel Toothbrush FAQ
Yes, having a separate travel toothbrush for traveling will ensure you never forget your toothbrush at home again. It also will entice you to get better quality oral care items while traveling.
We carry our toothbrushes in our carry-ons, so in case our checked luggage is delayed, we have the travel toiletries that we need.
You can take any kind of toothbrush on a plane for the most part, even electric toothbrushes with rechargeable lithium batteries.
We recommend packing your toothbrush with a breathable lid for the brush part. This will help it dry out and help prevent the development of mold or bacteria from staying wet for long periods of time.
It is recommended not to use a toothbrush for more than three months. However, we suggest two months since you’ll be packing it up and storing it often.
You should replace it at least every two months since you’ll be exposing it to different environments.
Yes, there are travel-friendly electric toothbrushes you can get that are portable and have long charges as well.
We don’t recommend doing this because a Ziploc bag has no ventilation, and you could develop mold or faster bacteria growth in your toothbrush.
Yes, bringing your toothbrush is a sure way always to be prepared, especially if your luggage goes missing.
That wraps up what we found out about the best travel toothbrushes! We hope you found what we thought to be some of the top products in this comprehensive list of best toothbrushes for travel to be informative.
If you do try any that we suggest: the best travel electric toothbrush, the best disposable toothbrush, the best eco-friendly toothbrush, or the best folding toothbrush. Let us know what you thought about them and how they worked out when you were traveling by leaving a comment!
If you loved reading about all the best toothbrushes you could use while traveling, you should read our post on the best shampoos for travel! We’ll Link it here!
We are not dentists or any other type of medical professional or expert. All suggestions are our suggestions that came to be from personal experience and thorough buyer research reviews, but in no way are we saying they will work perfectly for you as everyone has different needs. These may or may not work for you. Our recommendations are based on personal experience, product reviews, and information gathered from the respective links we link. Please always consult your Dentist before finalizing your decision or making any medical/dental decisions.